News and Announcements
Annual Agassiz Harrison Aquanaut
Kristy Hatt Memorial Invitational Swim Meet
Hosted by: Agassiz Harrison Aquanauts Swim Club
Saturday, July 13 & Sunday, July 14, 2019
Location: Ferny Coombe Pool
6820 Pioneer Avenue
- Warm-ups: 6:40-7:40 am
- Marshalling: 8:00 am
- Saturday Meet Begins: 8:15 am
- Sunday Meet Begins 8:00 am
- Relays: Immediately after prelims.
Fun Relay – if you dare
- At the start of finals on Saturday. Winners will receive a prize. Are you prepared?
Belly Flop Contest
- After Sunday preliminaries, Travis Neil in Charge. From Diving Blocks; $10.00 entry fee for Non BCSSA members. Winner based on form, velocity and noise.
Saturday Post Meet Fun
- Saturday evening, beside skate park, Travis Neil in charge. Bring your sponges, buy them at the silent auction table. NO water balloons.
- Hay! When you hear the Moooo; the heat on or approaching the blocks is in a race for the prize.
Double Digit Prizes
- Double digits (33 or 66 or 44 etc) in your race means a fun prize.
The document AHA_Meet_Package_July_2019.pdf was attached to this post.
This is how we are going to run the provincial shirts and caps at this year’s regionals.
First, Second and Third place winners receive their medals, aggregate winners receive their trophies, and the athletes who go to provincials will get the regional caps and t-shirts.
The shirts and caps will be given out at regional practice at Aldergrove.
You can view this document clearer in the document file.
Introducing the New
After many late nights we are pleased to announce our new website. We have made the transition to Hytek TeamPages which will make being a swim parents life a bit easier.
What this means for us, it should be easier and faster to find the information you want when you need it. Access to team calendar, parent portal, registration links, and more to come.
Check it out and let us know your thoughts.
BCSSA Swimmer of the Week Nominee
With out a doubt, Eli is well deserving of the Swimmer of the Week. Taking the Div 1 aggregate award (120 points) at the Mission Marlins swim meet. To obtaining better than Provincial Qualifying times in 5 of his 6 events at the RiverMonsters Swim Meet (his home club).
Oh! did I mention he’s new to swim! Eli just completed his first year swimming. He is a pleasure to coach. He listens intently to his coaches instruction and applies this new found knowledge to his development in and out of the pool. As much as his coaches would love to take credit for his in water performances, his drive and determination trumped us everytime. Keep up the fantastic work Eli and congratulations!
This is the third year BCSSA has offered this program. One swimmer from each region will be awarded the title of “Swimmer of the Week”. Regions will submit names to the BCSSA and TAS will mail out the weekly awards, which could be something like new goggles or swim caps etc. Of the eight weekly winners, Team Aquatics will draw for the “Swimmer of the Month”. This swimmer will win something like a Speedo Backpack! The Regional Coaches and Directors are coordinating this program. If you have questions, talk to your Regional Coach.
Thank you Team Aquatic Supplies and Speedo Canada for their continued support!
The Merritt Otters Swim Club extended a invitation to join their Swim Meet Saturday June 29 and Sunday June 30, 2019
Location: Nicola Valley Aquatic Centre, Merritt, BC
- 25 meter, 6 lane indoor pool
- There is green space to the left of the facility for team tents.
- Self contained RV camping will be permitted in the parking lot east of the Arena (no charge)
- Merritt Centennials Booster club is offering a full concession with breakfast Saturday and Sunday Day
Flat fee of $30.00 per swimmer (no charge for 6 & unders)
- Timed Finals
- 3 event per session – plus relay
- No mixed relays
The document 2019_Merritt_Otters_Swim_Meet_Package.pdf was attached to this post.