News and Announcements
Annual Agassiz Harrison Aquanaut
Kristy Hatt Memorial Invitational Swim Meet
Hosted by: Agassiz Harrison Aquanauts Swim Club
Saturday, July 13 & Sunday, July 14, 2019
Location: Ferny Coombe Pool
6820 Pioneer Avenue
- Warm-ups: 6:40-7:40 am
- Marshalling: 8:00 am
- Saturday Meet Begins: 8:15 am
- Sunday Meet Begins 8:00 am
- Relays: Immediately after prelims.
Fun Relay – if you dare
- At the start of finals on Saturday. Winners will receive a prize. Are you prepared?
Belly Flop Contest
- After Sunday preliminaries, Travis Neil in Charge. From Diving Blocks; $10.00 entry fee for Non BCSSA members. Winner based on form, velocity and noise.
Saturday Post Meet Fun
- Saturday evening, beside skate park, Travis Neil in charge. Bring your sponges, buy them at the silent auction table. NO water balloons.
- Hay! When you hear the Moooo; the heat on or approaching the blocks is in a race for the prize.
Double Digit Prizes
- Double digits (33 or 66 or 44 etc) in your race means a fun prize.
The document AHA_Meet_Package_July_2019.pdf was attached to this post.
Introducing the New
After many late nights we are pleased to announce our new website. We have made the transition to Hytek TeamPages which will make being a swim parents life a bit easier.
What this means for us, it should be easier and faster to find the information you want when you need it. Access to team calendar, parent portal, registration links, and more to come.
Check it out and let us know your thoughts.
BCSSA Swimmer of the Week Nominee
With out a doubt, Eli is well deserving of the Swimmer of the Week. Taking the Div 1 aggregate award (120 points) at the Mission Marlins swim meet. To obtaining better than Provincial Qualifying times in 5 of his 6 events at the RiverMonsters Swim Meet (his home club).
Oh! did I mention he’s new to swim! Eli just completed his first year swimming. He is a pleasure to coach. He listens intently to his coaches instruction and applies this new found knowledge to his development in and out of the pool. As much as his coaches would love to take credit for his in water performances, his drive and determination trumped us everytime. Keep up the fantastic work Eli and congratulations!
This is the third year BCSSA has offered this program. One swimmer from each region will be awarded the title of “Swimmer of the Week”. Regions will submit names to the BCSSA and TAS will mail out the weekly awards, which could be something like new goggles or swim caps etc. Of the eight weekly winners, Team Aquatics will draw for the “Swimmer of the Month”. This swimmer will win something like a Speedo Backpack! The Regional Coaches and Directors are coordinating this program. If you have questions, talk to your Regional Coach.
Thank you Team Aquatic Supplies and Speedo Canada for their continued support!
The Merritt Otters Swim Club extended a invitation to join their Swim Meet Saturday June 29 and Sunday June 30, 2019
Location: Nicola Valley Aquatic Centre, Merritt, BC
- 25 meter, 6 lane indoor pool
- There is green space to the left of the facility for team tents.
- Self contained RV camping will be permitted in the parking lot east of the Arena (no charge)
- Merritt Centennials Booster club is offering a full concession with breakfast Saturday and Sunday Day
Flat fee of $30.00 per swimmer (no charge for 6 & unders)
- Timed Finals
- 3 event per session – plus relay
- No mixed relays
The document 2019_Merritt_Otters_Swim_Meet_Package.pdf was attached to this post.
LANGLEY FLIPPERS INVITATIONAL SWIM MEET June 22 & 23 | 2019 | OFFICIAL MEET PACKAGE
RETURNING FAMILY RELAY:
There will be a Family relay (4 × 25 any stroke and no diving in the shallow end) on Saturday following the Medley Relays.
Any non-BCSSA swim member wishing to participate MUST complete the Parent Relay Membership Form and submit it Saturday morning to the Meet Manager with the $5.00 fee in cash.
Themes and costumes highly recommended!
• ALL RELAY MEMBERS MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM 25M UNASSISTED.
NEW TREASURE TRAWL:*
At any point throughout the meet, the announcer will play a Pirates of the Caribbean theme song over the PA and announce that the upcoming race is a “treasure trawl”. When that happens, the race swum immediately after that message will provide swimmers an opportunity to win a prize if they win their heat.
The Langley Flippers will feature a custom Snapchat filter for swimmers and parents to use at the meet. To use the filter, take an image using the “Snapchat” app, and then swipe to the left of the screen until you see our filter. We encourage users to share their Snapchat stories on Instagram using the hashtag #lfscmeet2019.
NEW INSTAGRAM GIFs:
• The Langley Flippers will feature custom Instagram GIFs (animated images) for swimmers and parents to post on their Instagram stories. Search “Langley Flippers” in the GIFs section to find them!
The document Langley_Meet_2019_-_Meet_Package.pdf was attached to this post.